Saturday, August 16, 2014

Attitude #4 The Wealthy Think BIG not small


Warren Buffett is quoted as saying: “I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute.”

Here’s the next attitude of the wealthy: Think BIG, not small

The following has been misattributed to Nelson Mandela as being in his inaugural speech of May 10, 1994, but this is not the case. Rather, it’s from author Marianne Williamson.

“Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us. It is not just in some; it is in everyone. And, as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

You are here to live out your mission in life. You need to live your life and be true to your purpose and contribute your value to the rest of the world. And the more people you serve, the more money you will earn. For too many of us it’s “all about me.” When you add value to the lives of other people the money will follow. The “all about me” road leads to a sad and miserable life. Providing value and service to others brings wealth, meaning and fulfillment.

It’s easy for me to manage with one part time assistant and about 2 hours per week of my time. I have all the knowledge and experience to grow to hundreds of units, and I choose not to.

I constantly have to fight the battle of thinking small versus thinking big. I am a very private person and like to hide out. If you see me in a social situation, you’d think I have no tongue.
On the flip side, when I speak to a room with a handful of people I do well. When I speak to a room with hundreds of people I do great. There is an energy and excitement that comes from sharing my knowledge with a large group. This is the area where I don’t have to hide out.
Find the area where you can step out and be big. Isn’t it time?

For a free copy of my best selling, award winning book, Wealth On Any Income, log onto www.WealthOnAnyIncome.com , enter your name and email address and press the button that says “Click here for your free book.”

No comments: